prepositional phrases with OFF list
Learn some prepositional phrases with the preposition ‘off’
- off base- incorrect, mistaken
- off colour – feeling slightly unwell
- off on one – become angry/excited
- off one’s rocker – someone is crazy/insane
- off the beaten track – unfamiliar/remote territory
- off the cuff – spontaneous, impromptu, without preparation
- off the hook – safe from trouble, blame, difficulty etc.
- off the top of one’s head – recall something from memory
Take a look at the examples with pictures to gain a better understanding of the meaning.