Using prepositions in sentences is very common, pretty much every sentence includes prepositions. If you aren’t sure what they are, head to my grammar section to find out.
prepositional phrases with OFF list
Learn some prepositional phrases with the preposition ‘off’
- off base- incorrect, mistaken
- off colour – feeling slightly unwell
- off on one – become angry/excited
- off one’s rocker – someone is crazy/insane
- off the beaten track – unfamiliar/remote territory
- off the cuff – spontaneous, impromptu, without preparation
- off the hook – safe from trouble, blame, difficulty etc.
- off the top of one’s head – recall something from memory
Take a look at the examples with pictures to gain a better understanding of the meaning.
If you like learning about prepositional phrases, how about learning phrasal verbs next? They include prepositions too.