The word ‘pick’ can mean many different things. As a verb, the meaning is to choose or remove.
- You have to pick either Joe or David. (choose)
- I love picking flowers. (remove)
Pick is a regular verb. The past tense and past participle is picked.
phrasal verbs with pick
Phrasal verbs with ‘pick’ include:
- Pick apart (criticise)
- Pick at (scrape)
- Pick off (remove)
- Pick on (bully)
- Pick out (select)
- Pick through (look for something)
- Pick up (lift from the floor)
- Pick up after (clean someone else’s mess)
- Pick up on (notice)
Let’s learn the meaning of the phrasal verbs that contain the verb ‘pick’ in more detail and see some examples in use.