The word ‘drop’ can mean many different things. As a verb, the meaning is to accidentally let something fall to the ground.
- I dropped a plate on my toe. (let something fall)
Drop is a regular verb. The past tense and past participle is dropped.
phrasal verbs with drop
Phrasal verbs with ‘drop’ include:
- Drop around/round (visit, deliver)
- Drop back (move backwards)
- Drop drop by/in/over (visit)
- Drop off (deliver, fall asleep)
- Drop out (quit)
- Drop drop someone in it (get someone in trouble)
Let’s learn the meaning of the phrasal verbs that contain the verb ‘drop’ in more detail and see some examples in use.