Using prepositions in sentences is very common, pretty much every sentence includes prepositions. If you aren’t sure what they are, head to my grammar section to find out.
prepositional phrases with AT list
Learn some prepositional phrases with the preposition ‘AT’.
- at a crossroads – at a crucial point where a decision must be made
- at a time – during one particular moment
- at death’s door – near death
- at each other’s throats – two or more people are arguing/fighting
- at Her majesty’s pleasure -Someone who is put in prison
- at loggerheads – involved in a conflict/dispute
- at sea – confused about something
- at sixes and sevens – confused/disordered
- at stake – at risk of being lost/stolen/damaged etc.
- at the drop of a hat – do something without hesitation/immediately
- at the end of one’s tether – about to explode because you are angry, stressed, tired etc.
- at the top of one’s lungs – as loud as possible
- at this stage in the game – the current point in a situation/process
- at this time of night – surprise that something is happening so late
- at times – on occasions, sometimes
Take a look at the examples with pictures to gain a better understanding of the meaning.