prepositional phrases with UNDER list
Learn some prepositional phrases with the preposition ‘under’.
- under a cloud – have a damaged reputation
- under lock and key – safely locked away
- under one’s belt – experienced/acquired/achieved/accomplished
- under one’s nose – directly in front of you
- under the table – in secret as it’s usually illegal
- under the thumb – under the complete control of another person
- under the weather – feel unwell
Take a look at the examples with pictures to gain a better understanding of the meaning.