Using prepositions in sentences is very common, pretty much every sentence includes prepositions. If you aren’t sure what they are, head to my grammar section to find out.
prepositional phrases with UNDER list
Learn some prepositional phrases with the preposition ‘under’.
- under a cloud – have a damaged reputation
- under lock and key – safely locked away
- under one’s belt – experienced/acquired/achieved/accomplished
- under one’s nose – directly in front of you
- under the table – in secret as it’s usually illegal
- under the thumb – under the complete control of another person
- under the weather – feel unwell
Take a look at the examples with pictures to gain a better understanding of the meaning.