The word ‘watch’ can mean many different things. As a verb, it means to observe or use caution.
- I’ve been watching the family of foxes playing in my garden for 5 months. (observe)
- Watch yourself if you go to that club, it has a bad reputation. (use caution)
I’ll give you an example sentence of each tense:
- I always watch the news at 6pm. (present)
- The guy watched as hid ex went off with another bloke. (past simple)
- Have you watched that new documentary about global warming? (past participle)